[TYPO3-core] RFC #14343 - Flash message when install tool enable file has been deleted/created

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue May 25 14:15:46 CEST 2010

Steffen Gebert wrote:
> Am 25.05.2010, 13:42 Uhr, schrieb Steffen Kamper <info at sk-typo3.de>:
>
>>>  I briefly looked into this issue, but it was introduced earlier when
>>> the Delete/Create-Install-Tool-lock-file-button was added.
> Sorry, of course, I just looked at the flash message appearing ;)

No problem :-)

>> js only can be the solution here. We don't have a default action - or
>> should default be the save?
>> In JS, add a key listener and proceed when enter was pressed.
>
> IMHO the only way to go is Enter -> Safe.

Then the default action would be "Save".

> Can this be achieved with pure HTML?

Yes and no.
As long as browser will only send either the first submit button they
find in the HTML or no submit button at all with the form, and the
script which handles the form accepts "no submit button" for the "Save"
action, and the buttons at the bottom are moved in the HTML source
before the tabbed dialogue, and the styling is modified to display the
buttons below the tabbed dialogue, then it can be achieved with HTML+CSS.

No, because in a few months a browser (version) might come along which
sends the last submit button when you press "Enter". There is nothing in
the standards which dictates the behaviour of browsers regarding this.

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl