[TYPO3-core] RFC #13506: Bug: Function changePassword does not work, when hitting 'enter' in change password form

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue May 25 03:37:24 CEST 2010

On 5/20/10 4:07 AM, Christian Futterlieb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13506
>
> Branches:
> TYPO3_4-3 & TYPO3_4-2 & trunk
>
> Problem:
> When no value="" attribute is specified for the submit button of the
> change password form (e.g. <input type="image" src="submit.png"
> alt="###SEND_PASSWORD###" name="tx_felogin_pi1[changepasswordsubmit]"
> />), its _POST value will be '0', when the form was sent by hitting
> 'ENTER' instead of mouse-clicking the button.
>
> The method tx_felogin_pi1->changePassword() checks the _POST value only
> with if() and the request will be ignored in above case.
>
> Solution:
> Check the passed value with isset(),
>
> Notes:
> I'm not sure about which branch(es) to suggest. The check in
> changePassword() is the same since it's introduction
> (http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10017)
>
> Regards
> Christian Futterlieb

Somewhat related, I remember an issue with IE where a submit with
type=image sends the XY coordinates instead of the actual post value so
you'd get changepasswordsubmit_x and changepasswordsubmit_y instead of
changepasswordsubmit.

If that's applicable for you here, then I guess felogin may need to deal
with that also. What do you think?

Other than that, the current patch looks good to me also.

Thanks,
Jeff