[TYPO3-core] RFC#0014465: Make use of the new Sprite API throughout the TYPO3 Core Backend

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue May 25 03:28:06 CEST 2010

On 5/24/10 1:04 PM, Steffen Ritter wrote:
> This is an SVN patch request.
> Type: Code cleanup
> Bugtracker references: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14
> nches: trunk
>
> Problem:
> The newly added icons and sprites should be used with the added Sprite
> API in order to speed up the TYPO3 Backend.
>
> Attached are 2 patches, one with small changes in core for nonskin usage
> an registration of existing sprite-icons.
>
> The second big one is part1 one which really replaces the icons in backend.
>
> The last outstanding modules will follow, but since noone will keep
> overview it's splitted.

Hey Steffen,
Thanks for all your work on the sprite related changes. Really looking
forward to seeing a faster backend in 4.4!

I know this is somewhat a work in progress, but I don't have a clear
picture of what places in the backend you expect to work and what places
should not work yet.

I'm getting lots of missing sprite images after applying the patch so it
seems like something isn't right. I haven't followed the development
closely enough to quickly debug but maybe a few screenshots can give you
some ideas.

Any clue what the issue might be?

Thanks!
Jeff