[TYPO3-core] RFC#14466: Bug: SpriteIconApi getSpriteIconForRecord does not find default icon

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue May 25 01:58:17 CEST 2010

On 5/24/10 2:04 PM, Steffen Ritter wrote:
> this is SVN patch request.
>
> Type: bugfix
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1446
>
> Problem:
> Throughout core there's often the case that we need a icon for an table.
> this is often done via passing an empty array as "record" for such table.
> currently spriteIcon does not find any icon if the table uses
> typeicon_classes in extTables.
>
> The function has to bee improoved a little bit.
>
> regards
>
> Steffen

Hey Steffen,
+1 on reading.

The one thing that comes to mind here is that TSConfig can filter what
types are available so the first type in the TCA may not be the first
type when a record is actually created, but from your description it
doesn't sound like that will really matter and probably wasn't accounted
for in the past either. Just wanted to point it out in case its a larger
issue than what I'm seeing :)

Thanks,
Jeff