[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11503: HTML5 doctype implementation

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat May 22 15:35:55 CEST 2010

Hi,

i made a new patch to enable HTML5 rendering.

FE: the easy part. Only the doctype has to be defined.
tested with:
config.doctype = html_5
config.xmlprologue = none

BE: doctype defined, supressed xml prolog for HTML5.
Also i added a var to supress the X-UA compatible meta tag - it doesn't
validate in HTML5.

I got valid HTML5 source for my test module, except the docheader
buttons: the input type="image" has invalid attributes. But the rest is
ok and can be done from be module itself.

tested with:
$this->doc->docType = 'html_5';
$this->doc->noCompatibleTag = TRUE;

A small addition was done to the xUaCompatible function that now allows
also to return different compatible tags.

vg Steffen