[TYPO3-core] RFC #14449: Deprecate usage of im5

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Thu May 20 23:15:05 CEST 2010

Am 20.05.2010, 22:42 Uhr, schrieb Jigal van Hemert <jigal at xs4all.nl>:

> What about IM4? It would be strange to support IM4 and deprecate IM5!?
>>
> Dropping IM4 and IM5 support makes maintenance of image creation a lot
> simpler ;-) (see #14441)

I'm undecided about IM4. Although, of course, it's old, it does it's job,
is available as binary for Linux and Windows and can be used without
installation.
I don't know a way to achieve this with IM6 or GM, but I need this for
e.g. for my training CDs running on user's laptops.

Most of the config options are related to IM5, so this is the biggest PITA
for me.

> About #13750, at the moment GM support is broken; something really has
> to be done about that!
That was the one, I was talking of. It's only happending on Windows, but I
don't want to do the change without having unit tests.

Steffen