[TYPO3-core] RFC #7753: EM warns No XCLASS inclusion code found if you use $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Thu May 20 13:48:15 CEST 2010

Franz Holzinger wrote:
>> - Hunk 3: Removed the check "a filename containing 'div' does not need
>> to have a XCLASS". Technically, possible reasons for a missing xclass
>> definition are either if the class is a xclass itself, or if the class
>> is defined as final. I don't think we should add some additional
>> arbitrary namespace convention here.
> I urgently need the possibility to get rid of the XCLASS warnings with a
> class of library functions. When you call it with the class name and do
> not generate an object, then you cannot use XCLASS. Therefore the error
> message in the EM is completely wrong in this case.
> So I propose to use the naming '_div' inside of a class name to be for
> static classes. See the class t3lib_div which also has a 'div' inside of
> its class name.

Such a change shouldn't be included in this RFC. Feel free to send your
_div idea to the core list, but as said, I personally will not accept
such a patch as it's imho no good solution.

The rfc itself (accepting GLOBALS as xclass keyword) was now ready, so
committed v3 to:
- trunk, rev. 7644.
- TYPO3_4-3, rev. 7645

Regards