[TYPO3-core] RFC #14441: Drop support for GDlib 1.x

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu May 20 10:21:08 CEST 2010

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> Problem:
> As GDlib 1.x is not used anymore in *any* PHP version that is running
> anywhere I know of, and nobody in the core team supposedly can provide
> support, I hereby want to drop support for GDlib version 1.x with TYPO3
> 4.4.

Hmm... PHP seems to support GDlib 1.x at the moment. Is it such a
performance killer that this needs to be removed?
It's quite easy to detect the GD version, but we could also simply turn
[GFX][gdlib_2] on by default...

-0 at the moment (not for or against, but I'm also not convinced that it
would do any good)

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert