[TYPO3-core] RFC #14356: feature: Make disable_controls available for all group fields, not just type "file"

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Fri May 14 22:51:22 CEST 2010

Hi Sven,

thanks for your (I assume first) patch!
Nice to get always new people in!

> Type: feature
>
> Branches:
> trunk & TYPO3_4-3

New features can't get into already released versions, thus 4.3 is
impossible.
Unfortunately we're currently in a phase called "feature freeze", which
also disallows adding new features to "trunk", but only fixing bugs.
This phase will end by the release of 4.4 (or maybe a bit fewer when 4.4
gets branched in SVN).

Only chance is that Mr. Release Manager (Benni Mack) considers this as a
bug or allows it as a tiny exception.

> Problem:
> The useful option "disable_controls" for TCE "group" fields currently
> only works for the subtype "file", not for the other subtypes ("folder"
> and "db").

How to test: Add 'disable_controls' => 'browser' to an entry of type
'group' (e.g. storage_pid). The browser link (folder icon) of the field
"General Records Storage Page" in the page properties will disappear.

As this patch does it's job, you get my +1 by testing. I've attached a
version, which obeys the Coding Guide Lines [1] and is built against
typo3_src directory - which adds the +1 by reading of my review.

I've written a (german) article [2] some time ago, which explains how to
provide core patches (besides the official (outdated/wrong) page somewhere
on typo3.org).

Please don't be disappointed with all this nitchpicking, but it's all to
ensure the high code quality, which we expect from TYPO3!
So go on sending patches! The first one is always the hardest one :)

If Benni doesn't decide to include this in 4.4, please bring this up after
the release of 4.4!

Thanks for your contribution
Steffen

--