[TYPO3-core] RFC #14367: Install Tool does not provide a logout possibility

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri May 14 19:40:32 CEST 2010

Lars Houmark schrieb am 14.05.2010 18:38:

> (...)
> So why no centralize all that code? Otherwise you are speaking against
> your own request to centralize the session functions and having it easy
> changeable. We have the exact same situation several other places, you
> need to look no further than the lock file itself. The code for
> create/delete is not centralized and therefore *very* redundant and this
> is giving some problems/discussions now. The same goes for sorting of
> extension versions in the EM. This should also be centralized, and
> because it was not, and still isn't, the same problem came back over 3
> bugs.

Yes, I understand what you mean. I would appreciate if there was a RFC
to "an API to handle the enable-install-tool file, i.e. locking the
install tool". But then it has to be done with some thoughts about it,
and not just as a byproduct of another RFC.

I currently have no solution for it. Just adding the delete code to the
"session_destroy" is in my eyes not the correct way to start with a good
implementation.

Cheers,
Ernesto