[TYPO3-core] RFC #7753: EM warns No XCLASS inclusion code found if you use $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Fri May 14 16:01:54 CEST 2010

Hey,

Franz Holzinger wrote:
> Branch: 4.2,4.3,trunk

4.3, trunk

> Problem:
> The EM always gives a red lined error message if you use
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS'] instead of $TYPO3_CONF_VARS. This makes many
> users think that this is a bug inside of the extension. So many of them
> will continue to send emails to the extension authors, if you do not fix
> this in TYPO3. This is very annoying to extension developers!
> Wrong file names and paths used in the EM should be reported. Do not
> keep quiet in the EM!
>
> Solution:
> Enhance the checking procudure to also allow the global $GLOBALS for
> XCLASS. Add debug error messages to make an easy debugging possible and
> to not worry normal users.

Thanks, this XCLASS definition test nagged me for quite some time, too.

+1 on reading and testing with the following changes (attached):

- Removed hunk 1 and 2: Should be a separate RFC, I personally don't
throw a debug message if no ext_emconf.php file is found in a directory.
- Hunk 3: Removed the check "a filename containing 'div' does not need
to have a XCLASS". Technically, possible reasons for a missing xclass
definition are either if the class is a xclass itself, or if the class
is defined as final. I don't think we should add some additional
arbitrary namespace convention here.
- Removed hunk 4: Not related to this RFC.

Regards
Christian