[TYPO3-core] RFC #14365: Bug: Install Tool skin is sometimes wrong

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed May 12 09:23:45 CEST 2010

Lars Houmark wrote:
> Sorry about that. Forgot crappy IE doesn't know document.body. Changed
> in v2 for prototype namespace $(document.body) and tested in IE6, IE7,
> IE8, Chrome, Safari, Firefox. Works in all.

+1 by testing. Works in FF, Safari, Chrome, IE6, IE7, IE8 (tested on Vista)

> P.S. Testing in IE revealed that the Install Tool has SERIOUS styling
> problems in IE6 and IE7 (in the standalone version at least). These were
> not though, introduced by this patch, and should be handled in another RFC.

I'll send IE6 fixes to Patrick Broens, so he can include them in the
install tool. Only the major problems need fixing (PNG issues are only
minor to me and fixing them will probably cause more problems).

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl