[TYPO3-core] RFC #14348: Fix some link targets in the Install Tool

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue May 11 11:25:40 CEST 2010

Patrick Broens wrote:
> On 10-5-2010 21:25, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>> It seems only logical that the entire backend uses the same doctype,
>> charset, etc. to prevent problems and to let the different parts work
>> together in the best possible way.
>
> This is totally irrelevant. There will be no problems with different
> doctypes.

Don't think only in technical terms! On problem already came forward:
links from the Install Tool cannot target the top frame because the
Install Tool uses a strict doctype. No problem when it is used as a
stand-alone tool, but inside the backend the combination BE+Install Tool
doesn't work as expected.

Of course there are other workarounds (you may call them solutions), but
the easiest one is to reconsider the doctype of the Install Tool.
The only argument for a strict doctype I've heard so far is validation...

--
Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert
msn: jigal at xs4all.nl