[TYPO3-core] RFC #14348: Fix some link targets in the Install Tool

Patrick Broens patrick at netcreators.com
Tue May 11 08:57:08 CEST 2010

Hi,

> I also heard that it is planned to have the entire Install Tool
> rewritten for 4.5 so with that in mind I think it matters less what is
> the doctype for 4.4 as long as usability is kept on a decent level.
You know more than me. Where did you hear this and from who? I have
plans to do refactoring on the install tool by splitting this huge file
into smaller parts, but not a complete rewrite. Thomas Hempel tried this
some time ago, but this project stopped.

The templating was the first part I did for this refactoring, on request
of Benni, because the change of the skin in 4.4. The rest of the code
will be mainly kept like it is, but separated. There will be rewrites,
but not for the entire Install Tool.

If this is really true, I would like to know who has these plans. If I
knew that before I started the templating, I wouldn't have put this
amount of time in it, only for one minor version.

Patrick