[TYPO3-core] RFC #14348: Fix some link targets in the Install Tool

Patrick Broens patrick at netcreators.com
Tue May 11 08:34:55 CEST 2010

On 10-5-2010 17:21, Lars Houmark wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> Patrick Broens wrote:
>> The install tool is using a XHTML doctype, which does not allow the
>> target attribute. This could be solved with:
>>
>> * Use a customized DTD with the W3C XHTML Abstract Module for the target
>> * Use javascript and class combination for the links, which is preferred
>> by me.
>>

> Well. This should have been done from the beginning imho, when deciding
> to chose a very strict doctype. The way links are opened right now is
> completely out in the blue imho.
>
> For one, try logging into the backend, load the install tool, and then
> in the install tool, click "Backend admin" under the menu.
>
> So, do you have some JS code (which you used before) to accomplish this?
Try this:

window.onload = function() {
    var links = document.getElementsByTagName('a');
    for (var i=0;i < links.length;i++) {
        if (links[i].className == 'new-window') {
            links[i].onclick = function() {
                window.open(this.href);
                return false;
            };
        }
    }
};

or using jQuery which could be changed to extJS:
$(function(){
    $('a.new-window').click(function(){
        window.open(this.href);
        return false;
    });
});

>> Please keep W3C validation in mind, especially now we started the
>> Backend Cleanup Project.
>
> And with that I can only respond; Please keep a working (and user
> friendly) TYPO3 installation in mind.

Of course

Patrick