[TYPO3-core] RFC #12964: EDITPANEL -> "newRecordinPid" doesn't work anymore with feedit

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Mon May 10 22:47:13 CEST 2010

On 5/10/10 11:31 AM, Sven Juergens wrote:
> Am 10.05.10 15:54, schrieb Jeff Segars:
>> On 5/9/10 6:56 AM, Sven Juergens wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This is an SVN patch request.
>>>
>>> Type: Bugfix
>>>
>>> Bugtracker references:
>>>
>>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12964
>>>
>>> Branches:
>>>
>>> trunk
>>>
>>> Problem:
>>>
>>> if you use the standard feedit with TYPO3 4.3 the following script is
>>> not completely possible
>>>
>>> page.1 = EDITPANEL
>>> page.1{
>>> allow = new
>>> newRecordFromTable = tt_content
>>> label = new Element
>>> newRecordInPid = 46
>>> }
>>>
>>> the record is always created on $GLOBALS['TSFE']->id
>>>
>>> the problem is located in
>>> sysext/feedit/view/class.tx_feedit_editpanel.php in function
>>> editPanel().
>>>
>>> the value of "newRecordInPid" is commit in var $newUID to the function.
>>>
>>> but later in the function it's used as $nPid()
>>>

>>> Solution:
>>>
>>> rename $nPid to $newUID
>>
>> Hey Sven, thanks for the bugfix! I just fixed a similar issue in
>> feeditadvanced on Friday.
>>
>> One note from a quick read of the patch here. According to TSRef,
>> newRecordInPid should not apply to the pages table but should apply to
>> all others (ie. "Define a page ID where new records (except new pages)
>> will be created").
>>
>> If you can make an update for that, I'll be happy to give it a full
>> review later today. Also, I think this can go into 4.3 in addition to
>> trunk since its a clear bugfix.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jeff
>
> Hey Jeff,
>
> You're right.
>
> I'removed $nPid/$newUid if table is pages.
>
> attached 12964_v2.diff
>
> Sven

Thanks for the followup.  +1 on reading and testing.

For anyone else testing, the existing code in trunk works properly when
the editing forms appear directly on the page.  When a popup window is
used for editing, however, content is saved on the current page and not
the one specified in newRecordInPid.  The patch fixes that error with
popups.

Thanks,
Jeff