[TYPO3-core] RFC #13750: Bug: Several GIFBUILDER features broken for IM4, IM6 and GM

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon May 10 18:12:35 CEST 2010

>> Was my previous mail so heavy to understand?
>> * Unit tests fail under MacOS
>> * No problems with IM4 under Windows
>
> Sorry - must have been missing the "windows" in your previous post.
>
> What about the image handling under MacOS? Does it work as expected
> with and without the patch?
> If yes, the unit test might be buggy themselves.
>
> Will check this against IM4 under Windows here now.
>
> I'll be back

It seems you are right: IM4 works anyway, while GM is broken without the
patch (tested with T3 4.3.4 / WIN 7 / IM 4.2.9 / GM 1.3.12) - strip profile
command has to be deactivated for IM4 though.

And there seems to be a bug in the "all configuration section", where IM4 is
recommended as one possible value for the Version 5 / Graphics Magick flag,
while an empty value would have been correct for IM4, since the value "IM4"
will trigger "Negate mask" - which was the reason for some other weird
behaviour while trying to get IM4 running.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de