[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #12803: Creating or deleting ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file saves settings in "User Settings"

Susanne Moog info at susannemoog.de
Fri May 7 21:07:05 CEST 2010

Hi Olly,

On 07.05.2010 14:17, Oliver Hader wrote:
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12803
>
> Branches: TYPO3_4-3, Trunk
>
> Problem:
> In the user settings module (User Tools > User Settings) we have several
> customized buttons to perform an action that is not fully related to
> maintain user settings or user data at all, e.g.
> * reset configuration
> * reset temporary data
> * create/delete install tool file
> Clicking on of these buttons results in also storing modified user data.
>
> Solution:
> The accordant method need to checks whether the "save configuration"
> button really was clicked - so, the field got renmaned from just
> "submit" to "data[save]" in the markup. Only if this field was
> submitted, user fields and settings are modified now.
>
> Notes:
> Find attached patches for Trunk and 4.3.
>
> How to test the patch:
> * open the user settings module
> * modify your name but don't save
> * select the "admin functions" tab
> * create or delete the install tool file
>> Your user settings are not modified anymore.

+1 by reading and testing (on trunk).

Short comment: The only thing that does not work anymore after the patch
is saving the modified user data by hitting enter, but I think that's
not really important.

(and there are CGL spaces missing in this line:
<input type="submit" name="data[save]" value="'.$LANG->getLL('save').'"
/> ;))

br,

susanne