[TYPO3-core] RFC #13627: [Feature]: Make visibility of record selector (IRRE) configurable

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Fri May 7 14:25:34 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 16.04.10 23:31, schrieb Jochen Rau:
> Hi.
>
> On 26.03.10 10:09, Francois Suter wrote:
>>> Problem:
>>> The record selector is always visible.
>>>
>>> Solution:
>>> Introduce a new option 'hideSelector' in $TCA. This would be useful in
>>> combination with the way extbase stores value objects. Example:
>>
>> Could you answer the various quenstions asked here, please?
>
> At the T3BOARD10 Olly agreed to take care of this. Unfortunately he
> seems very busy atm.
>
> After some weeks of thinking ;-) I came to a different proposal. IRRE
> doesn't support selector for a 1:n relation without pointing to a field
> (foreign_selector) that is a relation to a third table. (Originally this
> was implemented to enable intermediate tables with additional fields.)
>
> What about having an option 'useSelector' in 'appearance'?
>
> 1:n relation
> (selector doesn't work atm)

Jochen and me had a Skype call some weeks ago. The problem is in the the
missing support of a selector in a 1:n disposal - the selector always
expects an intermediate table which is not the case for 1:n.

Since this is more a conceptual thing of IRRE, I think using the
"useSelector" appearance settings is quite fine now - later on (during
4.5 development) IRRE can be changed to behave correctly here...

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 v4 Core Team Leader