[TYPO3-core] FYI: Raised DBAL version from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Mon May 3 00:05:37 CEST 2010

Hey Xavier,

unfortunately this change (or maybe the one before) breaks the 1-2-3
installer.

The following is happening right now:

The 1-2-3 installer is run, I enter my DB username, password and
hostname. I go to the next step, and since DBAL installs itself
(although I only have mysql available), the ux_t3lib_db.php is used,
where there is *always* a connect to the DB necessary (in the
sql_pconnect() function), although there is no DB name given yet. Well,
the result is that I get an error that the server could not connect to
the server, and I cannot enter a DB name at all on this step, so I'm
completely stuck on step 2 (Database setup).

As this is critical, please get this fixed, otherwise the new installer
seems a bit useless and there's no point for me to package beta2.

I hope somebody else can reproduce this issue.

All the best,
Benni.