[TYPO3-core] RFC #14277: Improve t3lib_compressor

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sun May 2 17:18:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

now all is fine. Great work, thanks Steffen for this huge but very cool
feature!

I added attached to the misc/advanced.htaccess, imho this will be the
_.htaccess of dummy package. So it's easy for all of you to enable
compression.

Here the steps you need to do:
1) enable this snippet in your htaccess file
2) configure compression. In this case for BE:
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['BE']['compressionLevel'] = 1;
where the level can be 1-9 depending on compression level.

If you tested this patch before, clean your typo3temp/cpmpressor dir.
Also clean the configuration cache.

I will also add something about this in NEWS.txt

Committed to trunk rev 7508

vg Steffen