[TYPO3-core] RFC #13379: Sprite Icon API

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Sun May 2 10:03:17 CEST 2010

Am 01.05.2010 20:58, schrieb Benjamin Mack:
> Hey all,
>
> attached is a v8, which is a slight modification to Steffens version,
> making it more consistent with the rest in terms of naming.
>
> The only thing that we can now argue about is the number of overlays for
> the Record icons, which is something I think can be improved on a later
> stage (as the API does not need to change for this).
>
> All the best,
> Benni.
well as Thomas Allmer pointed out you broke the tcaCSS creator while
removing the the $iconPath vartiable from css, and therefore wrong Urls
are build...

This would have to be fixed before commit, the weird path building
really! is needed since the file won't reside in the folder the script
is executed of ( so normal backpath won't do the job). Do I have to
carefully reread the Patch or are this the only changes you made Benni?

To the rest of Thomas comments I just can say:: -1.
If one does not keep his promises to work / finish sth. because he is
disappointing that there are remarks and discussion about the he work he
has done so far, quits the projects and returns for ranting just after
others had finished a working set, this cannot be honoured.

The points he mentioned may be right in theory, we know that there's way
to improove. BUT we need a working SET now, not in four weeks or when
you might probably rejoin to the project. Since all functions reside in
t3lib_iconWorks please just consider the new function not to be part of
the sprite iconApi (its protected anyways) which is a current workaround
to support the spriteApi until theres an overall sprite-gen solution.

If you take interest in rejoining the project, you're welcome to
improove it with patches (when this one is committed), but please do not
prevent working people to do their job with theoretically discussion. To
me this right you've lost when you've quitted the project!

just my 2 cent!