[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #7015: t3lib_DB displays wrong SQL in error case

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Sat May 1 02:06:45 CEST 2010

Steffen Ritter wrote:
>>> Problem:
>>> If there is a SQL error due to an UPDATE query with empty field array,
>>> then an error message is displayed. However the last displayed SQL query
>>> is not the one which has caused the error. Therefore it is hard to find
>>> out what has went wrong.

Okay, so I tested this one and from reading the notes in the bug
tracker, it seems that Martin wanted to actually display the query that
had empty fields, to give the best information.

Testing the patch you provided, seems not to do that, so I guess you
think it should just should show "Query was empty" or?

I agree with Martin, and would personally like to see the query in the
lastBuiltQuery, since this gives the most debug information to work from.

What do others think?

P.S. Testing with #8305 applied makes this one much easier to test.

Hacking class.t3lib_dblist.inc around line 226 with:

$fieldsNotExist = array();
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->exec_UPDATEquery('sys_log','uid=1871111',$fieldsNotExist);

should output the wanted error just by clicking List + a page in the
pagetree.

--
Lars Houmark