[TYPO3-core] RFC #5500: Feature: Load Inline Elements On Demand

Stefan Geith typo3dev2010.nospam1 at geithware.de
Tue Mar 30 14:05:30 CEST 2010

Hi Vladimir,

Vladimir Podkovanov schrieb:
>> I cleared all caches, tested with FireFox 3.5.8 and Safari 4.0.5 on
>> Windows XP; tested with Firefox 3.5.8 and Safari 4.0.4 on MAC OS 10.5

I did further testing and it is only _one_ table, that makes problems:
weird, weird weird ... :(

My Data is organized like this:

Table 'clients'
       Field 'title'
       Field 'divlist' = Inline -> Table 'divisions'
       Field 'systemlist' = Inline -> Table 'systems'

Table 'divisions'
       Field 'title'
       Field 'joblist' = Inline -> Table 'jobs'

Table 'systems'
       Field 'title'
       Field 'joblist' = Inline -> Table 'jobs'

Table 'jobs'
       Field 'title'

All inline-definitions are identical (besides the tablenames);
All title-field-definitions are identical.

Results:

1)
With tables 'divisions' and 'systems', that both have an inline-relation
to 'jobs', all works great. Jobs are loaded by ajax calls; Title-Field
shows correct title of jobs.

2a)
With table 'clients': 'divisions' and 'systems' are loaded
by ajax-calls, _but_ title-fields (and all other
<input type="text">-fields are empty (hidden form-field
_does_ contain title).

2b)
On the next level (jobs of 'divisions'/'systems';
within the 'clients'-record) the title-fields are _also_
empty althoug they show correctly, when called directly (see 1)

So where can I take a further look?

a)
Definitions of tables and columns are equal - I cannot
find any differences besides table-names and field-names.

b)
Maybe the problem is related to the two levels of inline-
relations ? But if I remove the inline-fields from 'divisions'
and 'systems', the problem still exists...

weird, weird ... there _must_ be a difference in the
table-definitions, but I cant find it ...

/Stefan