[TYPO3-core] RFC #0013922: Usability improvement: Remove the MessageBox on requestUpdate

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Mar 26 19:22:05 CET 2010

Steffen Kamper schrieb am 26.03.2010 19:08:
> Hi,
>
> Oliver Klee schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>>> simple example: create new page (insid)e - created was page type
>>> "normal". (This happens often in TV with overriden wizard). Now i change
>>> type to sysfolder and type in title, no change to other fields needed. I
>>> click cancel to continue changing title, then save+exit
>>
>> Is the reload in any way a problem?
>>

> yes - cost unneeded time, especially on slower servers. And it
> interrupts a simple edit.

"power solution" would to have all fields and tabs prepared for all
types in the form already, so that the type-switch wouldn't require a
reload at all, just rearrangement (hiding / unhiding / moving) of fields.

But ok, that is not the task of this RFC. :)

Until we have that (or another) solution, I would propose not to simply
drop the alert, because people are apparently used to use that "hack" to
avoid the reloading. I for myself also do it often. So -1 for now, or at
least make it configurable.

Cheers,
Ernesto