[TYPO3-core] RFC #13467: add getField() function to database API

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Fri Mar 26 14:19:02 CET 2010

On 04.03.10 14:26, Felix Oertel wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Am 19.02.10 12:47, schrieb Benjamin Mack:
>> just for one line less. Of course, I can be convinced other...
>
> I think in the end it's your descission as RM.
>
> IMO it would make sense ... if we wouldn't care about some lines more or
> less, we could drop getRows() as well and use query() instead. ;-)
In fact, I stopped using getRows(), as it is less performant, as I'm
gonna loop through the rows again anyway at some point. I used getRows()
for +60K fe_users (for an export module) and I got a memory_limit
problem. After switching back to exec_SELECTquery and manually iterating
over the DB result, it worked like a charm :).

However, I'd love to get more input from our DB (API) experts Masi,
Xavier, Dmitry, if we should extend t3lib_db.

All the best,
Benni.