[TYPO3-core] RFC: #13899: Add Viewport layout to BE

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Fri Mar 26 13:14:51 CET 2010

And hi again,

Am 26.03.2010 13:05, schrieb Susanne Moog:
> Am 23.03.2010 17:17, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is SVN patch request.
>>
>> Type: Feature
>>
>> Branches: trunk
>>
>> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13899
>>
>> This patch adds a ExtJS viewport for the backend. This solves a lot of
>> issues of frame behaviour and adds the possibility to add panels to the
>> viewport in own modules.
>> As additional goodie the patch replaces the prototype resizer script by
>> an ExtJS one.
>>
>> The attached extension shows how you simply can add a panel from extension.
>>
>> Remark:
>> This patch is from Stefan Galinski. As he's in vacation, i send the
>> patch to the corelist. This is also a result of the UX week.
>>
>> So i reviewed, and i include my +1 on reading and testing.
>
> the demo extension you attached does not work for me - presumably
> because the demo JS file is missing.

correcting myself: I did not understand what the demo extension was
supposed to do. Thanks Steffen for explaining, all is well. So +1 by
testing again.

(and for the ones as blind as I am... if you install the demo extension
there is a new backend module - with a nav frame [or in my case a closed
nav frame - so look for a small arrow to expand it] ;))

Cheers,

Susanne