[TYPO3-core] RFC #13386: Bug: mod.web_list.hideTables doesn't accept spaces

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Fri Mar 26 00:51:36 CET 2010

Hey Marcel,

Marcel Greter wrote:
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13386
>
> Branches:
> Trunk - Revision 7088
>
> Problem:
> mod.web_list.hideTables doesn't allow whitespace.
>
> Solution:
> Use t3lib_div::trimExplode with in_array and not t3lib_div::inList.
>
> Note:
> Same function as with allowedNewTables and deniedNewTables.

Nice patch, thanks!

Generally +1 on reading and testing, but some changes in attached version:
- I didn't wanted to change the type of this->hideTables from string to
array, this might break for people xclassing the module and bughunting
in the list module is no fun ;)
- The if with double encapsulated ternary operator made me scratch my
itch, I disentangled this and added comments, from my understanding all
should work as before ...
- Use t3lib_div::inArray instead of in_array

To test, here are the affected settings:

a) Should work now:
mod.web_list.hideTables (
   tt_address,
   tt_news
)
b) TCA [ctrl][hideTable] => TRUE / FALSE
c) overriding previous selection:
mod.web_list.table.tt_news.hideTable = 1

Regards
Christian