[TYPO3-core] RFC #12661: Problem with german "Umlaute" in BE file list, no thumbs generated

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 22 20:31:36 CET 2010

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> But why can't thumbs.php instantiate stdGraphic?

Instantiating an object costs more time than calling a static function I
presume. In lists with thumbnails thumbs.php is called for each image.

> OTOH, it's really strange that a file handling routine is located in
> a graphics library.

  * 1875:     function prependAbsolutePath($fontFile)
  * 1925:     function randomName()
  * 2001:     function recodeString($string)
  * 2023:     function singleChars($theText,$returnUnicodeNumber=FALSE)
  * 2438:     function file_exists_typo3temp_file($output,$orig='')
  * 2588:     function wrapFileName($inputName)
  * 2629:     function checkFile($file)
  * 2643:     function createTempSubDir($dirName)
  * 2708:     function output($file)
  * 2748:     function destroy()

Well,.... let's move on :-)

--