[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #13861: Opening website frontend view from backend does not work properly

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 18:02:30 CET 2010

Hi!

Oliver Hader wrote:
> I renamed the accordant method from getViewDomain() to
> getViewUrlPrefix() since it does more than just return a domain name.
> The method was introduced with TYPO3 4.4-alpha1 and thus can still be
> changed. Besides that I corrected the PHPdoc comments of that method.
> The patch for RFC #9508 which is still pending has to be adjusted as well.

We could do a little better: make a function named getViewURL. That
function should call hooks first and return whatever they return. If
there are no hooks, it should return default URL.

Why is it useful? Extensions like pagepath can provide a full speaking
URL for viewing from Backend. This would be a great advantage, great new
feature and a step to more consistency between BE and FE.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member Read more @