[TYPO3-core] RFC #10228: Feature: displayErrors=2, but still display errors on CLI

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Mar 18 10:30:14 CET 2010

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb am 18.03.2010 10:24:
> Hi!
>
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>> There was no concense around the concept between Masi, Dmitry and
>> myself, and since there was no further input from other users, it was
>> impossible to reach a decision, so I just lost interest in a solution.
>
> Let's say I never intended to block this :) My idea was to simplify this
> to the user: there is no need to force them to go and adjust one more
> setting to get errors on the console :) Simplification is great :)

This was a bit "oversimplyfied", because usually noone wants the errors
in the console, as this is not what happened before. Without any setting
there would be no way to turn the errors in CLI off/on on demand, which
is possible for the Web (through devIPmask).

Do you like the ENV switch? Its optional, noone needs to use it, if they
don't need it.

Cheers,
Ernesto