[TYPO3-core] RFC #10228: Feature: displayErrors=2, but still display errors on CLI

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Mar 18 09:53:46 CET 2010

Benjamin Mack schrieb am 19.02.2010 19:21:
> Hey Ernesto,
>
> On 23.01.09 10:27, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>> Well, I would have needed that once (cronjob that failed after some
>> unrelated changes because of some PHP error) to get informed that the
>> cronjob ceased working.
>>
>> I will think of something else and so withdraw this RFC for the time
>> being.
> Any news here?

There was no concense around the concept between Masi, Dmitry and
myself, and since there was no further input from other users, it was
impossible to reach a decision, so I just lost interest in a solution.

But rereading the thread, I think an ENV var for forcing displayError=1
would be the most generic solution:

	TYPO3_DISPLAY_ERRORS=1

This would have priority over displayError=xx set in the config. That
would allow specific runs to override the defaults explicitly.

See attached patch.

Cheers,
Ernesto