[TYPO3-core] RFC: #13828: Login cause JS error if not in frame (access to parent is not allowed)

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Mar 16 19:12:22 CET 2010

Steffen Kamper schrieb am 16.03.2010 18:53:

> ok, i try again :)
>
> Your BE login is http://domain/typo3
>
> Now create a link to this login page anywhere and click it. The error
> arise on the login page, because the parent.opener is filled (you come
> from another window). You don't have to login, just the login page loaded.

OK, I give up. Unable to reproduce.

parent.opener from external link is always "null" for me (so further
checks are skipped anyway). I tried to open the link with
"window.open('/typo3/')" via javascript, then I have a parent.opener,
but then parent.opener.TS is undefined, which also then skipped the
remaining conditions.

So how do you create a parent.opener that is either NULL nor accessible??

Cheers,
Ernesto