[TYPO3-core] RFC: #13828: Login cause JS error if not in frame (access to parent is not allowed)

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Mar 16 18:43:30 CET 2010

Steffen Kamper schrieb am 16.03.2010 18:05:
> Hi Ernesto,
>
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>> Steffen Kamper schrieb am 16.03.2010 16:02:
>>
>>> this is a SVN patch request.
>>>
>>> Type: Bugfix
>>>
>>> Bugtracker references:
>>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13828
>>>
>>> Branches: 4_3, trunk
>>>
>>> Each login page throws an error because it tries to access parent.
>>> Problem, there is always a parent and a parent.opener, but you don't
>>> have access to it.
>>>
>>> Simple solution: wrap it in try/catch block
>>
>> What "login page"? In frontend? Backend login? Any steps on how to
>> reproduce? What do you mean with "throws an error"?  I cannot see any
>> error being thrown, I am looking at a login page (TYPO3 backend) of
>> current trunk right now. :) Any debugging configuration required to
>> reproduce the problem?
>>

> yes, for sure the BE login. Open firebug and you'll see the JS error.
> Ok, let's do it different as i always are linked from my personal
> homepage: create a link to the page anywhere and click it ;)

Hm, sorry, but I didn't get anything ("versteh nur Bahnhof"). I opened
firebug, enabled "Script", also opened the "error console" of firebug
(which should show Javascript errors).

Then I went to a typo3-trunk backend (/typo3), got the login page.
Logged in. No errors.

Then I "created a link to a page" in some RTE textfield (what does that
have to do with "LOGIN"???) => no errors.

So any other hint on how to reproduce? Maybe I am just being dumb. :)

Cheers,
Ernesto