[TYPO3-core] RFC #11608: t3lib_beFunc::viewOnClick - Exctract logic to find the right frontend domain

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Mon Mar 15 19:34:05 CET 2010

Hi everybody,

Am 21.02.10 11:02, schrieb Susanne Moog:
> Hi,
>
> Am 15.11.2009 23:57, schrieb Michael Klapper:
>> Here a cleaner and better readable version.
>
> the patch did not apply for me anymore, so find attached a new one (same
> code, just changed linenumbers and TYPO3 root).
>
> +1 by reading and testing,

I think the behaviour also was faulty before this patch and still is
with this patch:

Imagine a dedicated subdomain, that is used to log into the backend:
backend.myhost.com

If this domain name is not defined in the sys_domain table, the whole
thing won't work and won't look for the first most specific domain in
the rootline, since the t3lib_BEfunc::getDomainStartPage() check avoids
this.

Since this was a cleanup, I suggest to fix the superflouos
getDomainStartPage() check in a separate RFC. What do you think?

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 v4 Core Team Leader