[TYPO3-core] FC: #13799: [Feature] ExtJS driven fading in/out Flashmessages

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sun Mar 14 16:44:03 CET 2010

Hi Benni,

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey Steffen,
>
> nice idea! (the growl messaging for TYPO3, I wanted that for a long
> time...)

i know :)

> Could you please provide us some facts with
>  * where to use this,

in general when you perform some ajax actions and you want to display
response. As this is dynamic, you don't need to reload page to render
Flashmessage from php. Just call it direct from ajax handler:
TYPO3.Flashmessage.msg(severity, title, message, duration);

I make extensive usage of them in new extension manager where most
actions are done with Ajax.

>  * and (usability-wise) where it makes sense to use them (and not to
> overload the user with bells'n'whistles)? Feedback from Jens would be
> nice on this as well, could you check with him?

i will show it to him. basically the design is the same as the
flashmessages we have, so it fits perfect (from design).

vg Steffen