[TYPO3-core] RFC #13754: Secure Install Tool Login

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Sat Mar 6 21:57:06 CET 2010

Xavier Perseguers wrote:

Hello Xavier!

I took care about all issues mentioned by you. Attached is a new
version. I also tested it without rsaauth and saltedpasswords now and
after a small modification of the "alterPassword" form everything works
like before.

I have to add, that right now the install tool password gets transmitted
PLAINTEXT! So this comprises all security measures taken with BE
challenge / response login, etc ... just to note this "feature" is not
just a usability feature but a security improvement.

> $fomrStart instead of $fo*rm*Start but using $formStart (no typo) a few
> line after the initialization.

fixed.

> Furthermore, there's quite lots of problem with current CGL and a few
> "no-common" stuff.

As I already mentioned I did not read the updated CGL for a long time.

> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->exec_UPDATEquery( 'be_users', sprintf('uid = %u',
> $uid), $updateFields);
 >
 > - using sprintf instead of simple concatenate (not wrong but
 > personally
 > never seen in Core)

I fixed this altough those lines were already there like this before.
I guess the sprintf was used to fill in uid as an unsigned int. I
achieved this by using abs(intval())

> - single line test instead of using {}

where?

> - using "true" and "false" instead of "TRUE" and "FALSE"

fixed.

> - useless use of ternary if operator:

fixed.

> - Signature of getLoginFormTag was changed to remove the type hint of
> second parameter (I guess it's needed?) but the PHPdoc was not updated
> - Same for getLoginScripts

fixed and also added missing phpDoc for getLoginFormTag

greets,
Bernhard