[TYPO3-core] RFC #13754: Secure Install Tool Login

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Sat Mar 6 21:22:41 CET 2010

Bernhard Kraft schrieb:
> But if rsaauth does not work it will work neither for normal BE
> login nor for the install tool. So I guess people will simply uninstall
> the rsaauth extension ... which solves the problem.
fore sure... But imagine the "TYPO3 beginner" on shared hosting...
in installs rsaauth, configures it, logs out and cannot log in again.
Google will state: use the install tool and remove the ext...
Bam... problem... One person less using TYPO3 ;)

To me it's not possible to do such things for install tool... it's
disabled by default, only enabled when really needed and most times
furthermore just has some pseudo-password.
Install-tool must work ever and ever, without special requirements or
tricks or workaround...

You may do as much deactivating/pre enabling or such things. But please
keep it working ON every machine TYPO3 basic functionality would work
without any restrictions, since Install tool is not an addon but basic.

my 2c

Steffen