[TYPO3-core] RFC #13754: Secure Install Tool Login

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat Mar 6 16:14:13 CET 2010

Hi Steffen,

> -1 because install tool should not depend on any extensions

Right, but if the extension is loaded, I agree it would make sense to
use it.

> -1 because rsaauth is not supportet
> -1 because if you are experimenting with those extension you probably
> need the install tool es fallback to deactivate it and recreate a new
> adminuser

Since rsaauth is just a convenience feature, there is no need to turn it
off strictly. Therefore, I suggest to use it if it's available, but for
the case that it fails, allow to explicitely disable rsaauth during
login using a simple GET parameter.

- michael