[TYPO3-core] RFC #12923: Javascript error in tmenu_layers.php & gmenu_layers.php

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Tue Mar 2 11:55:13 CET 2010

Hey all,

this is a SVN patch request.

Branches: trunk, 4.3, 4.2

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12923

Severity: low

Problem:
ie alerts a javascript error sometimes, whe the mouse is moved during
pageload. there is a small timespan when the mousemovehandler is already
registered but the script not loaded.

Solution:
a try/catch construt fixes this:patch for tmenu_layers below,
gmenu_layers is simmilar

Notes:
The solution and the patch is by Klaus Gössl, I cleaned it up and
attached a revised version here in the BT, which includes my +1 by
testing and reading. I found this issue as I had the same problem in one
installation.

All the best,
Benni.