[TYPO3-core] RFC #14856: Bug: Change language::readLLfile() from protected to public

Gregor Hermens gregor at a-mazing.de
Thu Jun 24 21:19:31 CEST 2010

Hi Georg,

Georg Ringer schrieb:

> Am 24.06.2010 19:58, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
>> IMO kickstarter should be changed. language::includeLLFile() is a public
>> method to load a language file (and optionally overwrite any labels in
>> that file with alternatives from TS).
>
> IMO t3lib_div::readLLfile() could be used, right?

$LL = t3lib_div::readLLfile([...].'locallang.xml', $LANG->lang, $LANG-
>charSet);

can be used. Of course the kickstarter should be changed accordingly.

As there are lots of kickstarter based extionsions in the wild which will be
incompatible with 4.4, I'd still like to change the visibility of
language::readLLfile() to public for now. Maybe we can use the deprecation
log to alarm the extension developers and switch back to protected with 4.5
or 4.6.

Cheers,
Gregor
--