[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14783: absRefPrefix should work with $TYPO3_CONF_VARS[BE][RTE_imageStorageDir]

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Tue Jun 22 14:43:06 CEST 2010

Hi Steffen,

Am 21.06.2010 23:31, schrieb Steffen Kamper:
> the patch is correct. However i don't like the RTE-related part in
> tslib_fe. It's also error-proned, as anytime in content the same path
> could be present, which would lead to double prefixed path.
>
> So i would like to see this solved in sysext rtehtmlarea.

I understand your concerns. After thinking about the issue, I realized
that uploads/ is not only used by RTE.

Although uploads/ is set in RTE_imageStorageDir, it is also hardcoded
(!) in EM module: typo3/mod/tools/em/class.em_index.php
 SC_mod_tools_em_index::ulFolder()
... return 'uploads/tx_'.str_replace('_','',$extKey).'/';

A clear solution would be to:
1) Introduce a new TYPO3_CONF_VAR: ExtUploadsPath (or any other name)
with uploads/ as default value. This should be used by
SC_mod_tools_em_index::ulFolder()
2) Add this new var to tslib_fe::setAbsRefPrefix() instead of
RTE_imageStorageDir
3) Since RTE_imageStorageDir has the same default path as the new var
ExtUploadsPath, there's no need to absRefPrefix it.
4) Add a hint to install tool, that if RTE_imageStorageDir is changed,
it needs to be added to additionalAbsRefPrefixDirectories.

= No implementation in RTE neccessary.

What do you think?

Should I open a new bug and drop this one?

--
cheers,
Steffen