[TYPO3-core] RFC#0014465: Make use of the new Sprite API throughout the TYPO3 Core Backend

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jun 22 10:58:44 CEST 2010

> Additionally for the ie6 fixes GIF-sprites are served since we were
> not able to get the JS pngfix working with sprites correctly (usage
> will follow in a patch by JoH)

Here we go.

This patch will enable the GIF based sprites for IE6.
Since this is the only way to have all icons visible in IE6 and an acceptable performance while working with the backend as well, I think the IE6 users will be more happy than with a dead slow backend but smooth icons and some of them missing.

It has been tested on VBox WinXP IE6 having 1,9GHz and 3GB available.

Since there won't be a JS based PNG fix anymore the other 3 files can be removed from the folder.

svn del typo3/sysext/t3skin/pngfix/iepngfix.htc
svn del typo3/sysext/t3skin/pngfix/iepngfix.js
svn del typo3/sysext/t3skin/pngfix/iepngfix.php

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de