[TYPO3-core] RFC: #14814: Improve Texts in 1-2-3 Install Tool

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Jun 22 05:46:13 CEST 2010

Hey guys,

This is a (last minute) SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix, Text

Bugtracker Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14814

Branches: Trunk

Problem:
The 1-2-3 Install Tool had a big overhaul for 4.4 and is much more user
friendly but some of the texts could still use a little work to make the
steps more clear for a new user.

Solution:
Put the self-proclaimed "official native English speaker" (me) and a
published author / documention writer (Bill Tenny-Brittian of WEC)
together to clean up some labels ;)

DBAL Notes:
Due to the way DBAL hooks into the Install Tool, some of the labels and
markup changes must be duplicated. I'm attaching the dbal patch here as
well (relative to dbal root).

Notes:
Ideally, we would have done this several weeks ago and not at the last
possible moment before release. We tried to keep the changes limited to
text to not impact actual functionality and keep the risk to a minimum.
If these changes need to wait until a future release or only be included
partially now, that's understandable.  Since I'm about to get some sleep
here, feel free to change the patch, commit, or whatever anytime before
I wake up :)

Thanks!
Jeff