[TYPO3-core] RFC #14719: Automatically create ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file when 1-2-3 Install Tool is used

Helmut Hummel helmut at typo3.org
Sun Jun 20 16:43:37 CEST 2010

Hi Bernd,

On 20.06.10 16:24, bernd wilke wrote:

> access from 'outside':
> intruder may guess (correctly):
> 	'localhost'/'root'/''

Well if you do not set a password for your mysql root user ...

> intruder may enter data for his own external database:
> 	'12.34.56.78'/'hacker'/'pwd'

This is indeed a good point I haven't though of :(

> => he get access to install-tool and can do anything.

Right. I have no idea any more how to secure this, without leaving it
like it is and providing the FIRST_INSTALL in the introduction package
only (which I guess is not meant for production use anyway).

Regards Helmut