[TYPO3-core] RFC#14752: Add Update Wizards for Skinning Changes

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Sat Jun 19 18:51:27 CEST 2010

Am 19.06.2010 18:39, schrieb Jeff Segars:
> On 6/19/10 9:57 AM, Steffen Gebert wrote:
>> Am 16.06.2010, 13:26 Uhr, schrieb Steffen Ritter <info at rs-websystems.de>:
>>
>>> Type: Bugfix / New feature
>>>
>>> Bugtracker references: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14752
>>>
>>> Branches: trunk
>>>
>>> Problem:
>>> * Check for $TYPO3_CONF_VARS[BE][compressionLevel] active and warn user
>>> to include the lines from misc/advanced.htaccess
>>> * Check for having EXT:t3skin installed and warn user to install it or
>>> another 4.4 compatible skin
>>
>> I just had a look at the patch and overworked the texts a bit. I also
>> asked Jeff to have a look at the wording.
>>
>> I couldn't reporduce the problem that the installed t3skin isn't
>> recognized, Jigal.
>>
>> +1 by reading and testing
>>
>> But will also keep my eyes open while updating a site now.
>>
>> Steffen
>
> Attached v3 which cleans up some wording. The check only shows up when
> bad settings are already in place, so the main change was re-wording it
> to indicate that a check had already been done for the bad settings.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

SRY Jeff, but the files do NOT reside in typo3/misc/...
the information is just wrong it's in /misc/ of the typo3_src package.
so in most installations it might be /misc/ or typo3_src/misc (depending
on ftp install or symlinked install)

besides that, someone should go ahead, think there are enough votes...
this wizards really should be included in the final release