[TYPO3-core] RFC #14719: Automatically create ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file when 1-2-3 Install Tool is used

ben van 't ende ben at typo3.org
Fri Jun 18 14:44:27 CEST 2010

On 17/06/10 14:11, Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ingo Renner schrieb:
>> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>>
>> Hi Steffen,
>>
>>> After some more thoughts and discussions with Jeff i think about
>>> following solution:
>>
>> after thinking about it I currently feel more comfortable with Jeff's
>> solution. It also kinda gets bonus points for being implemented
>> already...
>>

> i would implement my solution tomorrow if it's accepted from the idea. I
> have some work anyway on validation in install tool.
>
> vg Steffen

Hey Steffen and Core Team,

What about what Ingo says in his mail about Jeff's solution? Can others please
look into this as well and +1 or make a practical contribution? We need a
solution!! It would endanger all the work there has been done on the
Introduction Package. We need a usable solutiuon for first time users. The
current state is that first time users get presented with "Install Tool is
Locked" warning which is almost as bad as "No Template Found"

Thanks

Ben