[TYPO3-core] FYI24: #14761: Image height is ignored if compression is set to None

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 09:29:36 CEST 2010

Hi!

This is SVN patch request.

Type: bug

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14761

Branches: 4.2, 4.3, 4.4

Problem: the bug applies to all content elements that have "Media" tab. Set
image height to 100 and compression to "None". Attach a large image and
look at the page in FE. Image is large. Change compression to something
else. Image will be 100 pixels high. Thus setting compression to "None"
prevents using "Height" field.

Solution: change CSS styled content code to save the height before
unsetting ['file.'].

Site note: it is probably wrong to unset the whole ['file.'] array. The
code is long and unstructured and unsetting ['file.'] if compression is
None sounds risky. The code may not know what was in ['file.']. It should
unset specific properties, not the whole array. But I won't risk doing that
right now because I want to get a safe bug fix into upcoming release.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 core&security teams member