[TYPO3-core] RFC #5045, #5077, #8649: Import/Export requires lot of memory

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Wed Jun 16 21:14:57 CEST 2010

On 07/25/2008 09:59 AM, Martin Kutschker wrote:

>> Well. Depends on "why" you want to save CPU time in this case - just
>> because to avoid a script-timeout - or for saving ressources ?
>
> Because it makes me wait longer. And I would want that feature for any
> archiver: don't compress files that match a certain pattern. Why bother
> compressing already compressed files?

Hello !

Just because this issue:

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5045

was discussed again. This is some bugfix which was posted in 2008. Until
know it didn't make it into the core altough it is quite important.

The improvements from Masi make quite a sense. But I think even without
them the patch should make it into the core.

Anybody willing to adopt this patch for current trunk? And probably
change the file-write methods to the gzipped variant - like Masi
suggested 2 years ago? I didn't get it at this time - what he meant.

greets,
Bernhard