[TYPO3-core] RFC #13649: Deprecated function sql_regcase in cms/tslib/class.tslib_pagegen.php

Martin Müller bugreporters at gmx.de
Wed Jun 16 11:25:49 CEST 2010

This is a second SVN patch request because it could not voted on the
first one from 2010-05-07. The hold-back time on newsgroup is 30 days.
The thread is defunct except at archive. It is not possible for my to
start a remeber thread.

Type: bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13649

Branches:  trunk

Problem:

The function pagegenInit() in
typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/class.tslib_pagegen.php is using the function
sql_regcase() which is deprecated in PHP 5.3.

The default front-end search form is using this function. At least if a
link in the result set is clicked.

Solution:

On file class.tslib_pagegen.php function "sql_regcase()" is used for
front-end search form only.
The intent is to produce a Regex with case insensitiv characters.

My proposal is to cut off additional functions for that case.
The patch 0010231 / Revision 5574 replaced split() to preg_split() on
class.tslib_content.php. Now we can use the regex-modifier on
regex-pattern to achieve that.

My patch cut off sql_regcase() without adding an additional function but
using the regex-modifier on class.tslib_content.php to get a case
sensitive/insensitive result ;-)

Notes: No

Regards Martin